The philosophy of Alter‘ rests on two axes, one ecological and the other participative one
An Eco-location ?
At Alter’hostel, we aim to do the maximum to reduce our ecological impact:
- Environmentally dry toilets
- Collection of rain water
- Bike rental
- Secure bike storage if you bring your own
- Cargo bike rental
- Kayak rental
- Communal compost heap
- Ecological awareness events
- Sign posts to inform customers
- Carbon footprint calculation
Working together ?
Everyone and anyone can take part in the activities suggested by ‘l’Auberge Participative’, the association hosted by l’Alter’hostel and driven by two civil servants. Possible activities could include:
- being a part of the hostel’s radio station,
- performing on our open stage,
- helping distribute food to the homeless (resto du Coeur)…
- selling tickets in the ticket office when, our neighbours, Acte2 perform,
- or working behind the bar during one of the famous festivals in Lyon, welcoming artists, or preparing meals for volunteers, the choice is endless!
Please don’t hesitate to ask for more information.